Thank you for dropping by five brothers one sister, please stop for a browse.
Don't be shy if you enjoyed a post please leave a comment, join my followers list or follow by email.
I love hearing from anyone who visits.
God Bless,
Deanne

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

roadside finds

It is council clean up time around here and lots of stuff is appearing on the side of the road.
Unfortunately this year there is lots of rubbish and I haven't found a lot of good stuff.
I did find the bench I have been looking for, for so long, unfortunately it was while we were at the beach on my birthday and we would have had to either leave a couple of kids or our beach gear behind in order to fit it in the car to bring home, for some very strange reason VCH just wouldn't come at it.
 
We put a huge pile of stuff out ourselves, mainly old corrugated tin, wire and some offcuts of metal and an old mower. 
Within an hour the mower was gone, with 24 hrs the tin and wire was gone (most to a guy building a pig pen, the kids asked what he was going to use it for).
All that's left is an old fridge and a couple of other things- I wish I had thought to take a photo of the pile before.

The other day I got an email from my good friend Erin saying that she had seen some wooden chairs I might be interested in. 

So on the way to Gymnastics we snavelled them up and only just in front of the council truck too!

 Nothing wrong with them that a good sand and a lick of paint can't fix- they are outdoor chairs and I am thinking I might go the grey of the cabana floor
 
Then today I saw a couple of bar stools on the way to swimming lessons and picked them up on the way home.
I am thinking a sand, paint job and some oilcloth for the seats.

I was really hoping to pick up some old directors chairs to do up and resell.
I keep thinking I could have a little business with an occasional stall at the markets (you know when I have enough to sell) but time and storage are tight around here so I am not too sure.

3 comments:

  1. The chairs are amazing. Love the texture of the wood. And the bar stools can get fabulous with a little painting job and upholstering:)You snagged some great stuff! Oh and let me just say this: your pool cabin is simply to die for:) Love it! I am now following you thanks to Wandering Wednesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial to learn a few easy tricks to make your blog fabulous.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. following you from wandering wednesday. love the pic on top! so precious.
    i had five brothers too! except i was the oldest. she is going to have a lot protectors! brothers are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I surely do enjoy shopping the curb! Many of my best things were from there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate your kind words.